Friday, December 16, 2005

Merry Christmas! Not Happy Holidays


Merry Christmas! None of that vague happy "holiday" junk. What? Is someone afraid that I'll be offended if they wish me Merry Christmas? Hah! Bah humbug you "politically correct" fiends! Merry Christmas, merry Christmas, and merry Christmas to you too.

Yes, Christmas is upon us. Alas, I was farther behind in my shopping than ever this year, but that's all right, I've had a lot going on! This is the time of year when Tyndale becomes a ghost-town. Everybody's off enjoying the...Christmas season. (If you thought I was going to say holidays, you were incorrect). So yeah, I'll be at work, maybe one or two other people will be there. Yep, that's about it. I don't think we'll be having a green Christmas this year. After all, it's not yet winter and we already have had snow. Actually, several of them. That's alright, I like snow. What I don't like are blistering winds! Cold, freezing, bone-chilling winds. The kind that sweep across the midwestern plains in January. But for now it's Christmastime.

Well, I'll be signing off now. Thanks for reading my blog, and have a very merry Christmas. I've got to go do some stuff so that I'll be ready to go watch King Kong. Bye!

Wait... I'm back. I feel like I should write just a little more to make reading this worth your while! Oh! I could write this: Remember in Pride & Prejudice when Mr. Bennet tells Lizzy that every girl "likes to be crossed in love" now and then? Well, he was wrong!

5 comments:

Lady Fair said...

*Foooor the Lord God omnipoteeent reigneth! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!*

*They sang noel(they sang noel) They sang real well(they sang *no* L)...*

*Gloria! In excelsis deo! Gloria! Christ is born!*

*Sing Al-le lu-i-a! Al-le-lu, Christ is born, in Bethlehem!*

Don't you love my caroling? I'm getting sort of sick of these African Gloria and African Allelujah and Calypso carol songs, though.

Merry Christmas!

Halfmom said...

Awesome picture! Did you make cards of it - it would be very cool!

Halfmom said...

how very fun! I like knowing talented people

Lady Fair said...

Merry Christmas to my Heatherbird!
I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
Just checked out your blog. It's verrry cute! I have to see Pride and Prejudice now.
-Who's this Mr. P?
Happy New Year! And say hi to your brothers for me, OK?