Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back From Biloxi


Photo #1-It's even a McSpadden! I was re-inspired...

Photo #2-Sheer force of water. Wow.

Photo #3-How many of us can fit in one little bunk?

Photo #4-Black Widder!

Photo #5-A job well done.

Photo #6-Best. Game. Ever.

Photo #7-Don't cut me!

Photo #8-We could use a shower about now...

Photo #9-Cut 3 times and still too short was NOT our motto.

I'm freshly back from Biloxi, and my sumary of the trip? It was great! What a growing experience for me as a leader! Yeah, that was one spot I really needed growing in. The company was splendid, the weather was... well... Hot! The work was fulfilling and the fellowship uplifting. I increased my number of friends, and there's no regrets there. My fellow team members were Dan, Aubrie, Elaine, Dena Marie, Keren, Randy, Rob, and Pastor John. Oh! and the dulcimer playing guy, Steve was still there, playing his dulcimer... Sweet! It was great being back in Biloxi, seeing Patty again, fixing up houses and talking with the locals. They each have a story, every one of them, and what they need is someone to listen to them, to feel with them, to cry with them, to hug them. We all had to be that someone.

The experience is almost too much to put into words. The best way to know is to go yourself. Believe me when I say they still need people to help clean up, to help rebuild, to show God's love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice widder. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Lizzie! I don't like when people do missions trips and when they get home they don't think about it anymore. I am glad you went back!

Lady Fair said...

I love looking at pictures from our trip. It brings back warm memories.

And by the way, I think Sundays are cursed for traveling...This is the second Sunday in a row that I've ridden in a breaking down vehicle while trying to get home. Maybe I'll stay home next Sunday. :o)

Lizzie Bennett said...

Miriam, oh Miriam! When will I see you again? It's been so long! I miss you!

And Lady Fair, I'm glad you were caravaning, then you didn't have to be stranded for a really long time. My dad says that old cars with low milelage are trouble with a capital T (though not exactly in those words). Better to have an old car with high mileage. That means it hasn't been sitting around useless for a long time. Instead, it got exercized!

I'm glad you got back safe though.

Anonymous said...

Are you coming to the ol' Kline Creek Volunteer Picnic? There is a pork chop there with my name on it. (Could be a couple pork chops... I'm not sure yet.)So I'm definitely going.

Lizzie Bennett said...

Really? I'll be there too. The pork chop sitting next to the one with your name on it has my name on it. Mmmmmmmmm... Pork chops!

I can't wait to see you! It's been... months!

-Lizzie