Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Hunt!


A couple weekend ago I went on the Hunt for Red October. It was very fun. I rode 701 miles on my little Blue Streak. Here you can see a photo of me with Blue. We were up in the Wildcat HIlls when I took this photo. Talk about tricky! I'm wearing layers and layer of clothes under an armored motorcycle jacket, and I'm wearing a helmet, trying to take a picture of myself. That's why it's not so good. Anyway, back to the trip. Friday we (Dad, Mom, and Dan and I) took off for Wisconsin. It was cold that day! We took mostly back roads, passed some teachers on strike, a lot of construction, farms, rich houses, and roadkill. Lots of roadkill. Then we got to a hotel just when I feeling very frozen, and there was a hot tub to warm up in. Mmmm, that was nice. The next morning we set out again, covered more miles, and then got to the meeting place for everyone going on the Hunt. We ate lunch there and then got maps of scenic routes, picked one, and hit the road. We passed some really beautiful farms and curvy roads. And every motorcyclist loves curvy roads! So then there was more riding, and in the evening, we got to this quaint hotel called the Don Q, and we warmed up in the hot tub again, and went to a banquet. The next morning, it was raining. Bummer. But we made the best of it and bundled up and waterproofed ourselves, and loaded our things onto our wet motorbikes, and headed out into the wet journey home. It was quite and experience. We stopped a couple times to warm up and such; one of the places was the original Frugal Muse in Madison. That was a cool place to go! The only bad thing was that I could only buy as much as I could fit into my bags on the motorcycle. But I managed okay. After 2:00 the rain stopped, and we continued home. It was a very memorable trip. Now I want to know, when are we going to South Dakota? Oo, not before I get new foam on my motorcycle seat :/ That got to be a little... ouch. And, on Saturday, we rode past a Corvette parade! It probably wasn't a parade, but it was like a group drive or something. I was drooling. It's a surprise that I didn't drive my bike off the edge of the road. But when I think about it, I think I'd rather have my little Blue Streak over a Corvette, even thought they are nice.

Also, I've got a facebook now. So if any of you (my fellow devoted readers) are on Facebook, all you have to do is look for me. Just don't type in Lizzie Bennett, you won't find anyone then.

Lizzie's Favorites of the Post:
Lizzie's Favorite Music: David Crowder Band's Remedy, and BarlowGirl's How Can We Be Silent.
Lizzie's Favorite Book: Persuasion by Jane Austin. I wonder when she'll come out with some new stuff?
Lizzie's Favorite Movie: Past episodes of the Office. It's not really a movie, but you can put a DVD in and watch it on TV, right? So it counts.

Hasta la Vista!

4 comments:

WML said...

Sounds like so much fun! No one who met you in your historical costumes woud ever guess that you are a motorcycle maniac! A wonderful contradiction.

Lizzie Bennett said...

I think I'm an enigma; precisely for that reason :)

Anonymous said...

Wow it sounded like you had a blast. I really like the photo for you taking it just yourself you seemed like you did real well.

Randy

WML said...

enigma...what a great word! Love you lots.