Sunday, January 29, 2006

Algernon the Gecko


Say Hi to Algie! Isn't he cute? This is my adorable little leopard gecko who I got for my birthday from my brothers. Aren't they nice? Algie is a very curious little gecko, and he can consume a large volume of crickets in a single day. Stinks to be them!
This will be a very short blog post, since I have other stuff to do tonight, then again, maybe it won't. I just fixed my own internet problem, that's why I'm able to write this, and I feel a bit like a nerd. But hey! I'm a self-sufficient nerd.
I will address several topics in this post.
Topic #1
Beware when getting a tetanus shot! I got one last week, and it gave me a minor case of lock jaw. Aats aye I an't alk ight anyore. Aye outh on't ove an I an't ose it! Yeah, I had to stay home from work and everything. Hello fever and sore muscle! Man, what a horrible case of tetanus I would've had if I never got the shot! Thanks God for vaccinations.
Topic #2
Don't run towards doors with glass when you arm is outstretched. Lizzie's brother did that at church and he's paying the price. It cost him 24 stitches and a ride in an ambulance. And I got to go too because I was the present guardian. Sweet. Too bad they didn't go fast, run red lights, and flash their lights. I didn't get all woozy either when I came in the bathroom and saw blood everywhere. The biggest concern on my brother's mind was that we wouldn't be able to get ice cream that night. No, I guess not.
Topic #3
I got interviewed for the Tyndale Tydings! A life-long dream come true! I hope Mr. P reads it and pays special attention to this question and answer: TT: Who has influenced your life the most, and how? LB: My parents, without a doubt. Throughout my life they have been there for me, loving me and teaching me how to walk with God. It is my goal to be like them, ESPECIALLY IF I SHOULD ONE DAY HAVE A FAMILY OF MY OWN. (Emphasis added). Maybe he'll keep his copy of that Tydings forever, like I've kept his!
Topic #4
I don't think I have a topic #4, except this: I watched the six-hour long Pride and Prejudice while I was laid up with fever and sore muscles, it gets better and better every time I watch it. If you haven't seen it, why are you reading a Pride and Prejudice based blog? I did put that down as my favorite book other than the Bible, and as my favorite movie (both versions) along with the good old Lord of the Rings trilogy in the Tydings interview. In all reality, if you haven't seen it, I can hook you up. Just leave me a comment and I'll see how I can help you out. MawMaw and PawPaw, you might have to wait till I come visiting next, but then I don't know if you'd want to spend six hours watching one of the best movie of all time. (It's much more interesting to me than Mars though PawPaw, please don't take offense!)
That's all for now, signing off, I need to go feed those poor hapless crickets to my vicious little gecko!

10 comments:

Halfmom said...

Boy, I missed all the excitement - 21 stitches = wow! He and I can compare scars sometime! And tetnus from a tetnus shot - I got sick and had a sore arm with a knot that woke me up for a month if I rolled over on it but it never affected any other parts of my body - mores the pity some may say since they would have wished for lockjaw.

Your little critter is pretty cute! for a critter.

For those of us that don't know, you'll have to tell us what dear Mr. P said in his interview so we will have a better idea why you think he is so incredibly wonderful!

Hope things are going well with ALL the family - prayers and love for each of you.

S

Lady Fair said...

Ha! Fixed your internet, my foot! It sounds as if you're more like an internet HIJACKER!!! :oP

Poor young Mr. Bennet. It was very bloody. It looked like a scene from a murder mystery with the blood smeared all over the floor, sinks, and walls, not to mention the big pool of it on the floor. Maybe he'll think twice next time before running through glass in his favorite orange shirt.

I have to admit...As awful as I feel that he got hurt, it was pretty cool. I'm glad I was there.

And I'm liking that emphasis.

Lizzie Bennett said...

Let it be known that I unintentionally stole the neighbor's internet. It was not pre-planned, pre-meditated, or on purpose. Totally innocent, As soon as I realized I was an internet theif, I disconnected. That's all I have to say about that.

paroikeo said...

Wow! I didn't know you were so good at hacking into other computer systems.

You had better watch your back.... You might have the FBI on top of you in no time.

Anonymous said...

Cute gecko. He should audition for the next Geico gecko. If he ever becomes famous, can I have his autograph? *scritch-scratch*

Lady Fair said...

hehehehehehehehehe

Can one be anymore giddy?
:o)

Lizzie Bennett said...

I don't think so! It lasted all through the night and I'm still giddy now! Excuse me while I try to wipe the smile off my face... nevermind. It won't scrub off. :o) (That smile isn't big enough!)

Lizzie Bennett said...

Check back tomorrow! An exciting issue will be released to the public. You don't want to miss it! Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Anonymous said...

I just love your gecko. SUch sweet critters (GeckoJr)

Anonymous said...

I give birth to interpret a only one of the articles on your website trendy, and I really like your fashionableness of blogging. I added it to my favorites entanglement age list and will be checking stand behind soon. Will contain in view my orientation as ok and let me know what you think. Thanks.