Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Frog Prince


Do you like my poster? I think I'll hang up a copy of it in my cubicle. It's a nice little reminder, isn't it? As Superchic[k] so nicely reminds us, "all princes start as frogs, and all gentlemen as dogs." Now every time I feel like I'll never meet my "Prince", I can look at this poster and be reminded to be patient. Besides creating a reminder, I also learned some Photoshop tips while working on it. Tip #1, when you take a class to learn Photoshop, make sure that your teacher actually teaches it to you! I was unfortunate enough to not get any Photoshop training in my Photoshop class. Thanks. Now I can learn Photoshop through experiments, frustrations, and helpful co-workers who know it better than I do.

But isn't the Frog Prince cute? He hails from the kingdom of IKEA, but reigns in the dominion of Lizzie's cubicle, which he takes very seriously.

Unless something spectacular happens, this will be my last blog...

...as a 22 year old! Had you scared there didn't I? Next Saturday Lizzie Bennett turns 23! Hooray! Three cheers for Lizzie! On my next post, I will have a picture of an adorable leopard gecko who will be named Algernon, or "Algy" for short. For all of you "Importance of Being Earnest" fans out there, you know who his namesake will be! But I won't say too much, because I don't want to spoil next week's post.

Since I'm turning another year older, I want to list the top 22 occurrences of my 22nd year of life. Here they are:

Top 22 occurrences of Lizzie's 22nd Year
(not in any particular order)
1. Found out Dad had cancer.
2. Grew closer to God, family & friends.
3. Bought a car (Mr. Prix).
4. Discovered she likes Mr. P... a lot.
5. Went on vacation to Sanibel Island and Smokey Mountains and camped several times.
6. Completed first year of work at Tyndale.
7. Had a week's crash course on how to be housewifely.
8. Found out that one day I would have a sister who I dearly love.
9. Lost Stitch (in the literal sense).
10. Got creatively active again.
11. Read Pride & Prejudice, bought and watched the BBC version multiple times, and saw the feature film twice, got the soundtrack to it, and created this blog, which is based off Pride & Prejudice.
12. Has gone clothes shopping with Ma and she likes it!
13. Got a fish to keep her company in her cube (Lord Goring).
14. Went to see the Lord of the Rings Exposition.
15. Didn't go to the doctor or dentist once. SWEET!!!!
16. Went to a couple Sanctus Real and Audio A concerts.
17. Hung out in the 1890s a lot.
18. Climbed a mountain to the very top.
19. Learned to rely on God not only in troubled times.
20. Saw Anonymous 342 graduate COD State and get a real job.
21. Watched Jon and Josh get bigger than her.
22. Acquired a new hairstyle.

I'm sure a lot of those aren't really the top 22, but without reading my journals, I forgot some stuff. Either that or the first half of my 22nd year was dreadfully dull.

Well, until next week's exciting new episode, so long!

7 comments:

Lady Fair said...

Aw. The poster is so cute!! I love it. I'm also loving those capitals(*wink wink*). Maybe someone will notice and take the hint.
I agree with what Dr. M said about flashing that irresistible smile.

I like that number 8 happened, too. ;o) Who would have known you'd ever be so lucky? :oP

It's so much fun to look back and see what happened over the year. It's almost unbelievable.


Happy Birthday(a week early)!!
I love you so much!

Halfmom said...

Good to see you tonight - hope things go well with the smiling and "Hi Mr. P". Love and hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
Love the Mr. Frog Prince!
Happy 23rd!
I've started reading Pride and Prejudice. So, then I can watch all the movies, and I'll know what you're talking about.

Lizzie Bennett said...

Way to go Miriam! I think you'll like it, especially the parts about Mr. Collins.

Lady Fair, do you know what I'm doing right now? I'm sitting in a GroupWise training class, and Mr. P is in it too!

-Lizzie

Lizzie Bennett said...

Strike up the hallelujah chorus! Mr. P has stopped by my cube, taken a cookie that I made, and talked to me for awhile! Hooray!

Lady Fair said...

*sings Hallelujah Chorus*

Mr. P. is so very polite. And the day has barely started. Today just might be the day he's craving cookies.

I can't wait to hear about the email!
Love,
Aubs

Lady Fair said...

Hey, Miriam!

You should read the book, too. Then you can fill your head with all sorts of quotable knowledge!

Love,
Aubrie