Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Maiden Voyage of the Blue Streak





The day has finally come! I took the Blue Streak motorcycle out for it's maiden voyage! It was sweet! Aside from little things that need a bit of tweaking like a high idle speed and the engine getting super-hot, I'd say it runs pretty good. Dad took it out for a ride first, and then Dan, and then me! I rode it around the block a bit, putting into practice all the skills I learned at my Motorcycle Safety Training class I took this weekend. It was fun. After all the months of work, a ride on my very own bike! I even got my motorcycle license today; it's got a little "M" on it for motorcycle. So I'm pretty thrilled.

After riding around the block, Dad and Dan and I went to the gas station to fill up my tank. We sure looked like our own little motorcycle gang! I only had to pay $8.42 to fill up the tank with Premium. Nice. And I can get like 45 mile to the gallon on that little bike. Tonight's been a blast and a half.

I've got to go so I can do my Bible study homework, but I just wanted to put this update on it. And Amber, I didn't forget that I've been tagged. I'll get to it. :)

Lizzie's Favorites:
Lizzie's favorite music: Johnny Cash because that's what I'm listening to now.
Lizzie's favorite movie: Shrek the Third. There was so much screen time for Puss In Boots!
Lizzie's favorite book: Sanditon by Jane Austen and Another Lady. It's good.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Woo Hoo!! So when are you getting brave and driving it to work? I'm coming in for the production lunch on the 31st.

Lizzie Bennett said...

Well, we think we've got some bum carburators. So after I fix that and get a little practice in, then I'll try hitting the morning rush hour. In short: it'll be after you come back on the fourth.

See you at the Production lunch! (Don't forget your Dr. Pepper!)

Halfmom said...

very fun - be safe!

Craver Vii said...

Hmmmm... how can we get the nice folks at church to put the half-n*ked picture of your brother up with PowerPoint on a Sunday morning?