Friday, June 01, 2007

Cash Fridays


Happy Friday! I didn't have any new pictures to post, so I put one of the coolest cartoon cats in history on instead: Puss In Boots! He's just such a cute cat. . . But I'm not biased or anything, just because I like cats.

Today was the second official Cash Friday, although it was really the fourth one. An art director at work who's office is right across from my cube has a nice speaker set that hooks up to iPods, I think it's a Bose. Anyway, I got introduced to all the fine points of Johnny Cash through that speaker (when one is in a cubicle, there are no doors to shut). I got hooked on Jonny Cash, and eventually I told Joe that we should have a Cash Friday, where we would listen to Johnny Cash tunes on Fridays. Last week we made it official for the whole department, and about 9:30, 10:00, we plug in an iPod (either his or mine as we have different songs on them) and then we play some Cash music, and people seem to stop by to listen. We've created a hot spot. The girl in the cube next to me enjoys Cash Fridays as much as I do, and the temp who was sharing my cube until today enjoyed them too. However, when I told my cubemate who's coming back from maternity leave next week about Cash Fridays, she said she waould have to make sure that she had her iPod freshly charged and her earphones at the ready. I guess everyone's not a Cash fan, huh? And there's a bonus: every other week is Double Cash Friday — payday!

My motorcycle will be more road ready as soon as I get the new carbs I won off e-Bay installed. That should solve the high idle problem. I'm excited! Gas savings are around the corner for me! And I'll be zipping to and from work on the Blue Streak soon; it's very exciting. Well, I think I'll get going, I've got some things to do still. But as always, my line-up of Lizzie's Favorites!

Lizzie's Favorite Music: Alison Krauss's "A Hundred Miles or More" album. It's so melodic, albeit a bit meloncholy.
Lizzie's Favorite Book: "A Voice in the Wind" by Francine Rivers. I'm not done yet, but I've read it before so I can verify it's goodness.
Lizzie's Favorite Movie: NOT "Pirates of the Caribbean 3!" I give it two enthusiastic thumbs down! To purify my perfect memories of "Pirates of the Caribbean," I have now disavowed both sequels. Only the first one exists in my mind. In fact, I put my copy of the second one in my garage sale pile.

Lizzie's Quote of the Post:
"Buzzzzzz Buzzzzzzzzz Buzzzzzzz crackle crackle Buzzzzzzzzz"
—Cicada in my backyard

Go Cicadas! Bring on the adventure!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Sorry I'm not a Cash fan. Well- yes. Money cash. But not singer. The few songs I know of his I find annoying. Maybe I can be swayed. 10 years ago I also said I hated all country songs- and now that's all I listen to!

Lady Fair said...

I keep forgetting to tell you, I bought that Allison Krauss cd. It's really really good. I bought it because of the song "You will be my ain true love", which is from the movie Cold Mountain(that and the other Cold Mountain song, Scarlet Tide). But you can only get it off of itunes if you buy the soundtrack, because her own cd is only partial and doesn't have it on there. So I bought the cd from Barnes and Noble and I listen to it at night. I'm cycling with my other go to sleep to cd's, Fernando Ortega and the new Celtic Woman cd. It's all good stuff.
But the Ain True Love song is beautiful.

I should make a Cash day at work, too. Or at least at home. Kara loooves Johnny Cash. :o)

Lizzie Bennett said...

Ha ha! I swayed you to country!!!! It just goes to show you: friends have a powerful influence over a person :)

Lady Fair said...

Don't I know it. And I don't even like country. But really, she isn't *full* blown country. Just a little... :oP

WML said...

I told you I would check! Can't say that I would be too excited about Cash Fridays, but I still like you!

Lady Fair said...

BTW, Allison Krauss is listed in the genre Bluegrass, not country. :oP

Lizzie Bennett said...

Bluegrass IS country, you silly :) It's the very foundation of country...

Lady Fair said...

But it's not your typical hard rockin' country. It's bluegrass!!

You know, we're just going to have to take this outside and discuss this like real women do... With their claws. :oP